Greek Chicken Kebab
Delicious recipe from BBC good food and adapted by Greenfield Services.
A delicious recipe prepared on the Big Green Egg, tried and tested by us all at Greenfield Services.
•12 Boneless, skinless chicken thighs
•2 garlic cloves, crushed
• zest and juice of 1 lemon
• 1tsp ground cinnamon
• 1sp ground allspice
• 1 tbsp dried oregano
•2 tsp paprika
•4 tbsp olive oil
• small bunch parsley, finely chopped.
• In a large bowl, combine all the ingredients for the marinade, along with a good few pinches of salt and some pepper. Add the chicken thighs and mix everything together. Cover and chill overnight.
• Set up your Egg with the Plate Setter and stainless steel grid at around 190C
• Thread the chicken on the Flexible wire skewers and cook until cooked through (about 40-45 minutes) Towards the end of the cook move the chicken to the edge so the flames can occasionally reach the meat for that char grill flavour.
• Leave the chicken to rest in tin foil for about 10 minutes prior to serving.
• Sprinkle with water and toast your flat breads (Sainsbury’s do lovely ones!) on your Egg and serve with your chicken pieces, a squeeze of lemon, a good helping of roasted peppers and onions, tzatziki and Guacamole with salad, couscous or chips! Don’t forget the wine!