Delicious recipe from Greenfield Services.
A delicious recipe prepared on the Big Green Egg, tried and tested by us all at Greenfield Services.
Ingredients for pizza base:
•200g 00 flour
•140ml tepid water
• 10g dried fast acting yeast
• 1tbsp extra virgin olive oil
• 1sp Maldon Salt
• Favourite tomato or BBQ sauce
• Olive Oil
• Mozzarella Cheese
• Any toppings you like!
1. Light the EGG ready for indirect cooking with the plate setter feet DOWN and the baking stone resting on the circular place. Heat to 250C.
2. Prepare the pizza base: Weigh out your flour into a large bowl, and 1 tsp of salt. Place in a kitchen aide or stand mixer with dough hook.
3. Gradually add 140ml warm water, 1 tbsp olive oil and add 10g of instant yeast. Combine with a wooden spoon and allow to stand for 5 minutes.
4. Slowly add the remaining liquid whilst dough is mixing. If the dough is dry, add small amounts of water. If the dough is to wet, add a further 10g 00 flour.
5. Mix for 5 minutes or until a smooth dough is formed.
6. Take it off the mixer and kneed by hand for two mintues.
7. Place the dough into a oiled bowl, cover with cling film and prove in the fridge overnight.
8. Remove the proved dough and knock back. Stand the dough for 15 minutes. Keep the dough covered when not using.
9. Take a ‘plum’ sized amount of dough and pull into circular shapes. Place this on a lightly floured pizza peel ensuring it does not stick.
10. Brush the pizza with some olive oil and add your desired sauce e.g. tomato or BBQ! And add any toppings.
11. Slide the pizza onto the preheated hot baking stone and close the lid of the EGG. Cook until the edges are lightly browned a crisp and the cheese has melted.
12. Remove the pizza from the stone using tongs and slide onto the dusted pizza peel.