Greenfield Services Paella Recipe!
A delicious recipe from Karen at Greenfield Services.
Traditionally paella is cooked over wood fire so the smoke can infuse the dish with a rich complex flavour. The cooking liquid is absorbed and the rice at the bottom of the pan will toast to a golden crunchy brown. Use in conjunction with wood chips in the EGG to create an authentic tasting paella dish. The pan can also be used to cook seafood and potato dishes. This pan will not fit the MiniMax, Small or Medium EGGs.
This pan is perfect for Paella, suitable for use on the Large and X Large Big Green Egg.
This 3.8 litre / 6.7 pint pan is stainless steel and dishwasher safe.
Our Greenfield Services Paella Recipe
• 12 Prawns
• 4 Scallops
• 4-5 Tbsp. Olive Oil
• 1.2L Warm water
• 225g Unearthed smoked cooking chorizo sausages (Waitrose)
The Paella Company Ltd
• 340g ‘Bomba’ Paella Rice
• Carmencita Paella Stock Mix
1. Light the EGG ready for indirect cooking with the plate setter feet up and the stainless steel grid resting on the feet. Heat to 500F/260 C.
2. Weigh and prepare all ingredients, ready for later use.
3. Once the egg is at temperature, heat 4 Tbsp. olive oil in the Big Green Egg Paella grill pan.
4. Cook the chorizo as whole sausages in the oil for 10-15 minutes, once cooked, remove the chorizo and set aside.
5. Using the paprika infused oil left in the pan, cook the seafood, we used prawns and scallops but you could add mussels, squid or cooked chicken/pork.
6. Once the prawns are cooked they will turn pink, the scallops-opaque, remove from the pan and set aside.
7. Adding more oil if needed, fry the Bomba paella rice for 2-3 minutes.
8. Add the paella stock mix and stir until the rice is coated
9. Add 110 ml of warm water. Stirring only once- leaving until all the water has been absorbed roughly 20 minutes.
10. Slice the chorizo into bite size pieces, add to the pan, along with all the other ingredients.
11. Leave in the Egg for a further 5 minutes too warm through.
12. Serve warm with lemon wedges.
Should you wish to purchase any of these items please pop into the showroom or call us to find out more!
For recipes, tips & tricks and our Big Green Egg community, follow our google+ Page: