North African Style Chicken Wings
Delicious recipe from Helen Graves and adapted by Greenfield Services.
A delicious recipe prepared on the Big Green Egg, tried and tested by us all at Greenfield Services.
• 6 chicken wings, jointed
• 1 teaspoons cumin seeds
• 1 teaspoons coriander seeds
• ½ cinnamon stick
• 1 teaspoon sweet paprika
• 1.5 teaspoons chilli flakes
• 1.5 teaspoons Urfa chilli flakes (or use extra regular)
• 4 cloves garlic, crushed
• 1 tablespoon date molasses
• 1 tablespoon pomegranate molasses
• 1 teaspoon salt
• Juice of 1 lime plus another lime to serve
• Grind the whole spices in a spice grinder or coffee grinder then mix with the rest of the marinade ingredients.
• Add the chicken wings and allow to marinate for several hours.
• Prepare the EGG for direct grilling with the cast iron searing grid.
• Cook the wings for approx. 10 minutes each side or until cooked through.
• Serve with extra wedges of lime.
Use the cast iron searing grid to get the sear marks and crunchy bark on the chicken skin.
If cooking for lots of people why not use the folding grill extender? Adds that extra surface area to cater for more!