Moroccan-style barbecued leg of lamb
Recipe by Greenfield Services inspired by BBC Good food.
A delicious recipe prepared on the Big Green Egg tried and tested by us all at Greenfield Services!
Ingredients for the lamb marinade:
• 50g butter, melted
•3 tbsp olive oil
•2 tsp each ground cumin, coriander and paprika
•1 tbsp thyme leaves
• 3 garlic cloves
•zest and juice 1 lemon
•1 tsp harissa
•2 1/2 kg leg of lamb, butterflied
For the sauce:
• 1 tsp harissa
• handful fresh coriander leaves, roughly chopped
•300g greek yogurt
1. Set up your EGG for indirect cooking with the plate setter feet up and the cast iron grid on top of the legs, get the temperature to 200C.
2. To make the sauce, put all the ingredients for the lamb marinade in a shallow dish and spoon over the marinade onto the meat. Using your hands, rub it all over the meat and cover loosely with cling film. Leave to marinate for at least 2 hours.
3. Put the lamb on the EGG fat-side down. Cook for 5 minutes at 200C until the lamb is well browned. Turn and cook until the lamb is browned all over.
4. Drop the EGG heat to 150C. Cook for a further 30-40 minutes. Turning occasionally.
5. Cook according to how pink you want your meat.
6. Remove the meat to a large board and cover tightly with foil. Leave to rest for 10-15 minutes.
7. For the sauce, fold the harissa, a little salt and the coriander into the yogurt. Cut the lamb into slices and serve with the sauce.