Tomato & Basil Bruschetta
Recipe by Greenfield Services by Karen.
A delicious recipe prepared on the Big Green Egg tried and tested by us all at Greenfield Services!
Ingredients for bruschetta:
• Sliced ciabatta
• Garlic infused oil
• 2 Minced Garlic cloves
• Unsalted butter
• Spice Mountains – Mediterranean bruschetta spice blend
• Chopped tomatoes
• 1 small onion
• Fresh basil
• Salt & pepper
1. Set up your EGG for indirect cooking with the plate setter feet up and the stainless steel grid on top of the legs, get the temperature to 200C.
2. Start by slicing your ciabatta bread to the desired size, no less than 1cm thick. Slightly butter each side and toast in the egg for 4 minutes, continuously turning ensuring the underside does not burn.
3. Once lightly toasted and golden brown remove carefully and put the baking stone on to the grid. Reducing the temperature to 150C.
4. Meanwhile melt 3 tbsp. of unsalted butter and mix with the minced garlic, add 1 tbsp. of Garlic infused oil and combine.
5. In a separate bowl, mix chopped tomatoes, 1 ½ tsp Spice Mountains – Mediterranean bruschetta spice blend, lightly cooked onion and fresh chopped basil together.
6. Brush generously the prepared garlic butter over the toasted ciabatta bread and top with the tomato mixture.
7. Season with salt and pepper and place on the baking stone to bake for 5-10 minutes, until the tomatoes have warmed.
8. Sprinkle with basil and serve!