Pineapple Upside Down Cake
Delicious recipe from Anne North.
A delicious recipe prepared on the Big Green Egg, tried and tested by us all at Greenfield Services.
•6 ozs caster sugar
•6 ozs self-raising flour
• 3 eggs
• 1tbsp milk
• 1 tin pineapple rings
• Glace cherries
• 4 tbsp golden syrup
1. Light the EGG ready for indirect cooking with the plate setter feet up and the stainless steel grid resting on the feet. Heat to 160C.
2. In a glass Pyrex pie dish, cover the base with approx. 4 table spoons of golden syrup.
3. Arrange 4 full rings of pineapple and 2 halves to fit the bottom of the dish (the bottom will be the top, so make sure it looks nice!)
4. Place cherries dome side down in the rings and dot around the remaining cherries
5. Place the remaining ingredients in a bowl and mix with a whisk until combined.
6. Spread on top of pineapple and cherry deisgn and place in the Big Green Egg on the stainless steel grid.
7. Cook for approximately 45 minutes. (Check from 35 minutes)
It is simple as that. Flip the bowl and the cake (should!) come out.